Congratulations! You have just become a new Lionbridge freelancer and you received your username and password to access the Lionbridge Community Portal (LCP). Please read this page carefully as it includes all the necessary information to make our collaboration successful. We have organized the instructions for you in the order in which these items will come to your attention and we will remain available to answer any questions that you may have.
- Invoicing and payment information: please read the eProcurement section and make sure your profile is up-to-date, including your financial details.
- Bookmark the LCP as well as the Resource Task Board where you will find terminological resources and client information under the Linguistic Assets section when you have accepted an available task.
First and following jobs
A member of our team will send you your first project via your Resource Task Board, which is available on the LCP under Resource Task Board > Lionbridge Canada > Resource Task Board Website
- Open your task board and enter the same credentials you use for the LCP;
- Have a look at the offers currently available, review their content, open the sample documents that need to be translated and decide to accept or decline each task;
- Do not be afraid to decline a project if it is not in your field of expertise or if you do not have sufficient time to complete it accurately. Many more offers will follow.
Please note that a customized fuzzy grid could be used for specific projects. Contact your project manager or your project coordinator if you have any questions related to the fuzzy grid applied on your project.
Work Instructions and terminology
You have accepted a job and the task has been added to your assigned tasks in the Resource Task Board:
- In accepting a translation assignment, you agree to the Lionbridge Service Level Agreement (SLA). Before you start translating, read and follow the instructions contained in your work order and make sure you have reviewed all the reference material available under the Linguistic Assets section. You can print your work order from the Resource Task Board in the “My Assigned Tasks” section by using the hyperlink named "Print Word Order" at the top of the screen. For major clients, the Linguistic Assets section should include a reference to the client guidelines (client profile), an LTB configuration file, some useful reference documents as well as the translation memory and/or the termbase. Please make sure to consult all the applicable documentation and complete your terminological research using the termbase, the translation memory (concordance search), Termium, GDT and the client’s website, as applicable. Should you have additional questions, please use the Terminological Questions form that is available in the Linguistic Assets section of your Resource Task Board and send it to our internal team using the following e-mail address: email@example.com or use the one provided in the Work Instructions if applicable;
- Most of our projects must be translated with either Translation Workspace or SDL Trados Studio. The CAT tool to use is usually indicated on your Resource Task Board on the left-hand side. Please read the applicable CAT tool procedures you've been provided with carefully;
- Indicate the terminological sources you have consulted, using the Comments option in SDL Trados Studio so the reviser can see them during the revision process. For more information, please click here and read the instructions;
- Review your translation, run a spell check, enter the corrections in the Trados Studio or Xliff editor and remember that we expect a final product from you. This means no questions in the body of the text or in the comments, no highlighted text, nothing that was not in the source text.
- As a reminder, you will find a summary of what's expected from you as a translator or as a reviser on the LCP under Resource Task Board > Lionbridge Canada > Work Methodology
If you need help with Translation Workspace and/or Linguistic ToolBox, take a look at our instructional video here.
Delivering the job
You will have to return the files through the Resource Task Board. Please see the instructions provided upon activation of your profile or read the procedure located on the LCP under Resource Task Board > Lionbridge Canada > Resource Task Board Instructions.
Thanks to our proprietary Evaluation System, we are able to e-mail you a detailed feedback on your translation along with a change report that will highlight all the changes made during the revision process. Please note that some of these changes can be preferential and will not be considered as errors. A copy of our Translation Quality Evaluation Policy is available on the LCP under Resource Task Board > Lionbridge Canada > Work Methodology > Translation Quality Evaluation Policy.
Electronic invoicing allows us to pay our freelancers promptly. eProcurement will allow you to create and submit your invoice electronically.
- Follow the step-by-step invoicing instructions found here and do not forget to create and submit your invoice electronically after the delivery of each project using our eProcurement platform;
- Once the invoice has been approved, a due date will be displayed according to your payment terms. An invoice will be paid once its due date has been reached following our payment cycles (on the 5th and 20th of each month or the next business day in case of a weekend or a Holiday). You can also print your invoices for your financial records.
- If you have any questions related to payment processing or to a specific invoice, please log a ticket (in English only) and try to be as detailed as possible in the description of your issue. One of our accounting specialist will assist you along the way. To log a ticket, please click here or go to Support > Create Ticket on the LCP.
Questions regarding a work in progress?
Please contact your project coordinator at firstname.lastname@example.org. We will be glad to assist you.
Technical issues with your files?
Administrative problems or questions regarding our procedures?
Please contact us at CMCanada@lionbridge.com. Our dedicated team will be glad to help you with your questions.